Aromatherapy Diploma Level 3 ITEC (Beginners)Show All Courses >>
This course is ideal for complete beginners who wish to become Professional Aromatherapists.
This course is recognised by Association of Aromatherapists.
Upon successful completion of this course you will receive:
ITEC Level 3 Anatomy and Physiology
ITEC Level 3 Diploma in Holistic Massage
ITEC Level 3 Diploma in Aromatherapy
ITEC Level 3 Award in Healthy Eating for Complementary Therapists.
- Accreditation &
- Cost includes
The ITEC Level 3 Diploma in Aromatherapy is a vocational qualification recognised by Ofqual within the Qualifications and Credit Framework. It focuses on a range of practical skills and underpinning knowledge required in the Complementary Therapy Industry.
The qualification is designed to provide occupational competency for employment and is acceptable for registration on the CNHC register, or to provide a sound platform onto further learning or training.
It is also recognised by Aromatherapy Council.
The course will include:
Massage Theory and Practice
- History & development of Massage
- Why and how it work; Massage Benefits and Principles of Holistic Body Massage
- How to develop a massage routine for each client
- How to develop a holistic approach – mind, body and soul and l Holistic Massage techniques
- Massage contraindications
Anatomy, Pathology and Physiology (done in class)
- Cell Structure; Skin Cellular Composition; Muscular and Skeletal Systems; Cardiovascular - Heart and Blood Circulation; Lymphatic System - Lymph glands and production of Tissue Fluid; Neurological System - Brain and Nervous Tissue; Endocrine System - Main endocrine organs and role of hormones; Respiratory System - Lungs and air pathways; Reproductive system and Urinary System - Kidneys and water metabolism
Provide Aromatherapy for Complementary Therapies
- History & development of Aromatherapy
- Why and how it works
- Physiological therapeutic effects of essential oils & aromatherapy
- In depth knowledge of over 40 essential oils
- How to blend Aromatherapy oils to suit a client
- Use, care and storage of essential oils
- A knowledge of carrier oils
- The holistic approach - treating the whole person
- Basic knowledge and recognition of skin types
- Professionalism, Ethics and Hygiene
- Aromatherapy Massage Routine
- Exploration of living plants from which aromatherapy oils are made
The Course Units:
- Unit 382-Provide Aromatherapy for Complementary Therapies
- Unit 383-Knowledge of Anatomy and Physiology and Pathology for Complementary Therapies
- Unit 384-Principles and Practice of Complementary Therapies
- Unit 385-Business Practice for Complementary Therapies
- Unit 386-Healthy Eating and Well-Being for Complementary Therapy Client
The course is accredited by ITEC.
Learners do not need any pre requisite to do this course. It is recommended that Learners should have achieved a level of education equivalent to five GCSEs at
grades A*- C prior to commencing the ITEC Level 3 Diploma in Aromatherapy however exemptions may be made for adult returners with experience of the work place.
The course includes:
- Tutor led practice
- Detailed Course Manual / books
- Exam fees
- Friendly and safe learning environment
- Professional training facilities
- Tea/Coffee throughout the day
Not included in the price, aromatherapy kit. Learners will be required to bring own towels and kit etc. for mock and final exams.
Provide Body Massage for Complementary Therapies:
- Practical examination and evidence of 20 Treatments and 16 case studies
Provide Aromatherapy for Complementary Therapies:
- 1 hour Practical examination,written assignment and 60 case studies
Knowledge of Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology for Complementary Therapies:
- 50 MCQ – Paper or online
Principles and Practice of Complementary Therapies:
- Written assignment
Business Practice for Complementary Therapies:
- Written assignment
Healthy Eating and Well-Being for the Complementary Therapy Client:
- Written assignment
Once Learners have achieved the ITEC Level 3 Diploma in Aromatherapy they may progress on to other ITEC or equivalent qualifications at Levels 3 and 4, for example:
Be first to review
Queries about the course / feedback about the course
Every 3rd weekend of the month both Saturday and Sunday
One extra Sunday a month
Completion December 2017
Seats Available :6Book Now