Diet and Nutrition Diploma Level3 (Online)Show All Courses >>
The main aim of the ITEC Level 3 Diploma in Diet and Nutrition for the Complementary Therapist is to enable candidates to provide healthy eating and lifestyle advice for their clients they already treat for another therapy.
It is an international qualification.
This course is an ideal accompaniment for any complementary therapy. It helps to enhance your knowledge of nutrition so that you can advise your clients more effectively.
- Accreditation &
- Cost includes
This course is delivered online via dropbox. Learners have one year to finish the course from the date of enrolment. Complete study plan and step by step resources are available. Online Tutor support is also available for the complete duration of this course.
The course syllabus includes:
- Structure and function of the organs and accessory organs to digestive system
- Process of absorption
- How foods are broken down
- Causes of diseases and disorders of the digestive system
- Effects of external factors on dietary requirements
- Effects of water in diet
- Effects of dehydration on body
- Role of carbohydrates in diet
- Role of fats / lipids in the diet
- Role of Cholesterol in the diet
- Role of protein int he diet
- Role of fibre in the diet
- Role of vitamins in the diet
- Effects of antioxidants
- Role of minerals in the diet
- Dietary / nutrional value of certain foods
- Symptons of processing refined / unrefined foods
- Role of common anti-nutrients
- Role of Environmental pollutants
- Intolerances to gluten, dairy intolerance, nut intolerances
- Side effects of additives
- Role of probiotics
- Obesity and Easting Disorders
- Hypoglycaemia and Diabetes
- Eating Guidelines
- Nutritional Imbalance
Therapists must hold a therapy qualification before doing this qualification. This diet course is specific to complementary therapists and is not ideal as a general diet and nutrition qualification.
This course is internationally recognised.
You will be able to obtain professional indemnity insurance and professional membership of any Therapy body such as FHT, CthA, BMC, etc.
- Tutor led practice
- Detailed Course Manual with diagrams
- Course Certificate
- Exam fees
- Friendly and safe learning environment
- Professional training facilities
The course exams consist of :
- 25 Multiple Choice Exam questions
- 5 Client consultation case studies
The Multiple Choice Exam is set externally by ITEC. Client consultation case studies are internally assessed, quality assured and then externally assessed by ITEC.
Be first to review
Queries about the course / feedback about the course
No Records Found