Massage Level 3 NVQ CertificateShow All Courses >>
The VTCT Level 3 Certificate in Beauty Therapy Studies (Massage) (QCF) is a technical level qualification that provides learners with the knowledge, understanding and skills to work as a massage therapist.
This qualification is based on Habia National Occupational Standards (NOS) and is recognised by the UK's largest beauty and complementary therapy trade body/professional association i.e. The Federation of Holistic Therapists (FHT) and also the UK's second largest association representing beauty and complementary therapy employers; the British Association of Beauty Therapy and Cosmetology (BABTAC).
The content of this qualification is comprised of all the required elements to work effectively as a massage therapist including health and safety, client care and communication and body massage incorporating anatomy and physiology and client consultation skills.
- Accreditation &
- Cost includes
The course aims to:
- Develop your skills in a supervisory role focusing on health and safety within your salon.
You will recognise salon hazards, carry out risk assessments and then implement the necessary actions. You will monitor and support your colleagues to ensure your salon complies with health and safety requirements. You will implement and supervise salon procedures for all aspects of salon safety and security including the need for insurance
- Give you knowledge in client care and communication in beauty-related industries
- Develop your knowledge and understanding of how to maintaining your own health and wellbeing. This will include setting a personal action plan, having clear goals, regular monitoring, reviewing activities, evaluating your progress and updating your action plan. This is a continuous cycle for monitoring your eating, lifestyle, exercise and weight management.This unit applies to hairdressers, barbers, beauty therapists, spa therapists and nail technicians
- Teach you about the classical Swedish massage movements and will be required to adapt massage techniques to suit individual client needs. You will also learn about health, safety, hygiene and client care
- Teach you about the differences and principles of complementary, alternative and allopathic (conventional) medicine. This theoretical unit will provide you with an understanding of government guidelines, self regulation and the integrated approach to healthcare and wellbeing
- Adapt massage techniques to suit individual client needs, the environment in which the massage takes place is very important.
At Affable Therapy Training, we understand the need conduct classes in small groups. We also understand that learners learn differently therefore course material is delivered in various ways, e.g. PowerPoint presentation, group work, detailed course manual with diagrams, other activities to keep learners engaged throughout the day. Our teachers are qualified and have years of experience in their chosen field. They bring their knowledge and passion to the class to inspire and encourage the learners. Lessons are carefully planned around learner needs making our courses very effective.
This course is ideal for people who already have a level 2 massage qualification and it is also open for beginners.
The course is accredited with Vocational and Charitable Trust (VTCT) and is mapped on the national qualification framework.
- Learners need to have a good understanding of written and spoken English
- Need to have access to computer and internet
- Enthusiasm to learn and practice massage
- Devote 5-6hrs per week home study while on the course
- Course notes
- Course Book
- Use of equipment during class
- Exam fees
- Guided learning with tutor support for home study
Not Included in Fees:
Any kits which can be ordered separately
Please bring your own towels - two bath towels and 4 hand towels.
The course mandatory units are:
Monitor and maintain health and safety practice in the salon:
- 2 observations and written assignments
Client care and communication in beauty-related industries
- 3 observations and written assignments
Maintaining personal health and wellbeing
- Written assignments and 1 external paper
Provide body massage
- 4 observations written assignments and 2 external papers
Explore the origins of massage and principles of complementary and alternative medicine
- Written assignments
When you have successfully completed this qualification you will have the opportunity to progress to the following VTCT qualifications:
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy General (QCF)
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy and Make-Up (QCF)
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy Massage (QCF)
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Spa Therapy (QCF)
Progression opportunities also exist in the form of specialist VTCT vocationally related qualifications:
- Level 4 Award in Physiology for Advanced Beauty Therapy (QCF)
- Level 3 Award in Tanning Treatments (QCF)
- Level 3 Award in Spa Treatments (QCF)
- Level 3 Certificate in Face and Body Art (QCF)
- Level 3 Diploma in Spa Body Treatments (QCF)
- Level 3 Diploma in Beauty Therapy Treatments (QCF)
- Level 3 Diploma in Make-Up Artistry (QCF)
This qualification may lead directly into employment in the therapy industry as a massage therapist in a salon or self-employment as a massage therapist.
Be first to review
Queries about the course / feedback about the course
Course start date to be arranged individually
Immediate start with flexible dates
Course can be completed in 3 months
Seats Available :6Book Now