VTCT Level 3 Award in Education and Training QCF (Formerly known as PTLLS) - ONLINEShow All Courses >>
The VTCT Level 3 Award in Education and Training (QCF) is an online qualification for those interested in a teaching career in further education or for those who have recently started teaching.
This award is designed to equip a wide range of teachers/trainers and facilitators with the requisite skills and knowledge required to fulfill a teaching role. During this course you will learn about preparation, planning and basic course design. You will also gain teaching delivery skills and participate in micro teaching sessions. Evaluation skills and techniques also form part of the course content.
This qualification provides a sound introduction to teaching/training and is suitable for both experienced practitioners who would like to secure a professionally recognised qualification as well as those new to teaching. The VTCT Level 3 Award in Education and Training will enable you to work in a teaching role and progress on to a broader teaching qualification.
- Accreditation &
- Cost includes
- Understanding roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training.
Optional Group A (1 unit)
- Understanding and using inclusive teaching and learning approaches in education and training
- Facilitate learning and development for individuals
- Facilitate learning and development in groups
Optional Group B (1 Unit)
- Understanding assessment in education and training
- Understanding in principles and practices of assessment
Theory of this course will be delivered in one days contact tuition. Students will then need to submit written assignments and portfolio and attend 15 min micro teach (which can be done via skype) to be arranged with course tutor. There is no theory exam for this qualification
This online course is accredited with Vocational and Charitable Trust (VTCT) and is mapped on the national qualification framework.
- Learners need to have a good understanding of written and spoken English
- Level 3 in subject qualification
- Need to have access to computer and internet
- Devote 5-6 hours per week home study while on the course
- Guided learning with tutor support for home study
- Student Handbook
- Course book
- Exam fees
- Learning environment that is friendly and safe
- VTCT Registration Fee
There is no exam with this course and is completed online. Students will need to submit written assignments and a portfolio and attend a 15 min micro teach (which can be done via skype) to be arranged with course tutor.
On completion of this qualification you may choose to undertake further study; qualifications you could progress to include:
- VTCT Level 4 Certificate in Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector (QCF)
- VTCT Level 5 Diploma in Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector (QCF)
Alternatively, you may wish to seek employment in an associate teaching role.
Be first to review
Queries about the course / feedback about the course
Course start date to be arranged individually
Immediate start with flexible dates
Course can be completed in 3 months
Seats Available :5Book Now