Assessors Award Level 3 VTCT (Previously A1 Assessors Award)Show All Courses >>
Affable Therapy Training Assessors course is ideal if you are looking to start assessing. Level 3 Award in Understanding the Principles and Practices of Assessment (QCF) is a theoretical qualification intended for those who wish to gain an understanding of the principles and practices of assessment without any requirement to practice as assessors.
The qualification is suited to vocational / practical courses.
Most teaching places require you to have a basic teaching plus assessor qualification in order to be able to teach NVQ or QCF courses.
- Accreditation &
- Cost includes
Understanding the Principles and Practices of Assessment Award Level 3 VTCT
This course aims to to develop your knowledge and understanding of the principles and practices of assessment.
You will complete the Understanding the Principles and Practices of Assessment Award Level 3 VTCT course. The theory will be delivered in a one day workshop, followed by home study and portfolio development and two competent observations of the learner assessing in workplace Learners have one year from the date of enrolment to finish the qualification. However we know from experience that learners usually finish it in 3 to 6 months.
At Affable Therapy Training, we understand the need to conduct classes in small groups. We also understand that learners learn differently therefore course material is delivered in various ways, e.g. PowerPoint presentation, group work, detailed course manual with diagrams, other activities to keep learners engaged throughout the day. Our teachers are qualified and have years of experience in their chosen field. They bring their knowledge and passion to the class to inspire and encourage the learners. Lessons are carefully planned around learner needs making our courses very effective.
The course is accredited with Vocational and Charitable Trust (VTCT) and is mapped on the national qualification framework.
- Learners need to have a good understanding of written and spoken English
- To have access to computer and internet
- Enthusiasm to learn and practice massage
- Devote 5-6hrs per week to home study studies while on the course
- Need to have at least level 3 in their chosen specialism
- Need to have a basic teaching qualification like PTLLS
- Need to have been teaching so that practical observations can be carried out at place of work while the learner is assessing. (If you don't have opportunities to assess, we may be able facilitate this with additional fees please enquire at the time of booking)
- Guided learning with tutor support for home study
- NVQ Student Handbook
- Course book
- Exam fees
- Two observation (only for practical based vocation courses)
- Learning environment that is friendly and safe
The mandatory units are:
Understanding the principles and practices of assessment
- written assignment
On completion of this unit you will:
- Understand the principles and requirements of assessment
- Understand different types of assessment method
- Understand how to plan assessment
- Understand how to involve learners and others in assessment
- Understand how to make assessment decisions
- Understand quality assurance of the assessment process
- Understand how to manage information relating to assessment
- Understand the legal and good practice requirements in relation to assessment
If you are looking to progress to a practical assessors qualification you will need to do an additional module with this course. Please let us know at the time of enrolment.
Units in this qualification have been mapped to the relevant NOS (where applicable). This
qualification is accredited on the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF).
This qualification is approved and supported by the Learning and Skills Improvement Service (LSIS), the sector-owned body for the learning and skills sector.
This qualification provides a sound platform for learners wishing to progress to a practical
The VTCT Level 3 Award in Understanding the Principles and Practices of Assessment (QCF) provides progression opportunities to the following VTCT qualifications:
Be first to review