ITEC Level 4 Certificate in Sports Massage Therapy Show All Courses >>
This certificate in Sports Massage Therapy Level 4 ITEC is a fantastic qualification to broaden and strengthen your career in the growing sports industry.
It has been designed for Practitioners currently working in sport and Active Leisure to gain knowledge to provide roles such as pre, post, inter, maintenance, restorative and corrective massage using a range of basic and advanced techniques. The scope of practice is restricted to working on dysfunctional tissue and working on recent non-acute injuries or with pre-existing conditions.
The Qualification was developed collaboratively with Skills for Health (SfH) the Sector Skills Council responsible for standards in healthcare and is recognised for membership by Complementary Therapists Association (CThA), Sports Massage Association (SMA), General Council for Massage Therapy (GCMT) and Federation of Holistic Therapists (FHT
- Accreditation &
- Cost includes
The main skills you will learn and perform will be:
- Conducting Subjective and Objective Assessment – to include identifying bony structures associated with major joints, identifying soft tissue structures located at the major joints, joint end feels, pre-dispositions to injury and dysfunctions, factors that influence recovery from injury, treatment planning, postural types and deviations, pathophysiology of common injuries, methods and purpose of a range of objective assessment techniques and carrying out Subjective and Objective Assessments
- Treatment Modalities to Support Soft Tissue Repair – to include the aims of treatment and treatment options during acute, sub-acute and chronic stages of injury, treatment protocol, use of and adverse reactions to cryotherapy and thermotherapy
- Sports Massage Techniques to Prevent and Manage Injury – to include a range of soft tissue techniques, protocols to follow for each technique, evaluating the effects of each technique, preparing clients, monitoring tissue response throughout treatments, adapting the techniques and treatment plan to meet the needs of each client, adapting own posture throughout the application to ensure safe and effective application and presenting aftercare advice to the client
You will also develop knowledge about client care and communication and health, safety and hygiene which is essential in order to work and be successful in the industry
This is a course for learners who have achieved the ITEC Level 3 in Sports Massage Therapy
•Access to online learning portal for Anatomy and Physiology
•Use of equipment etc. during training
•Business and equipment advice
•Learners will be required to bring own towels and oil for mock and final exams.
Provide Sports Massage Techniques to Prevent and Manage Injury practical examination
Once Learners have achieved the ITEC Level 4 Certificate in Sports Massage Therapy they may progress on to other ITEC or equivalent qualifications, for example:-
- ITEC Level 5 Certificate in Sports Massage Therapy
- Sports Science, Physiotherapy
Be first to review